ruby - Rails create one or create multiple records from a range -


I have a class called IP, which has : address attribute, and two virtual features: : start_ip and : end_ip

  class IP & lt; ActiveRecord :: Base # The address attribute is saved in the database #start_ip and end_ip is the virtual feature, my form has been used in attr_accessor: start_ip,: end_ip end  

I get a form Enter a single IP (in: address field) or a range of addresses in the field for my virtual attributes (: start_ip and: end_ip) that I have entered.

If I enter an IP then everything works fine: Address field.

If I enter multiple addresses (say that it spans 5 addresses), then I want to create an IP record for each address in the category, and I think it is the most to reject it It may well be that after entering a category as my current record, its address: address field will not be there.

So I think I already need a save callback:

  before_save: range_given? Def range_life? Make it! ([@ Start_ip .. @ end_ip]) End  

But this is not exactly right.

Can I currently set an immediate (and certified) record, and instead set 5 new records which range from the IP address for each category?

In the create action in your controller, you can type something like this: / P>

  (params [: start_ip] .. params [: end_ip]). Do each. IP | IP.create! (Address: IP) End  

Add the code you need.

PD Perhaps you should reconsider your domain model, because IP address is different from IP range


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Folder list php -

symfony - FOSUser mail is translated but confirmation_url isn't -

java - org.apache.http.ProtocolException: Target host is not specified -